Motorhome Hire Terms and Conditions
Hirer(s) hereby agree(s) to the following motorhome hire terms and conditions:
- At the time of booking, a deposit of two hundred and fifty pounds (£250) is required. This amount will be deducted from the total hire charge. In the event of cancellation, under certain circumstance, this deposit is non-refundable.
- Bookings can be made by telephone or email, but deposit must be made on the day of booking. A booking confirmation and invoice will be sent to the hirer reflecting balances paid and balances due.
- The insurance security deposit must be paid by the hire date.
- In the event of an accident where the vehicle is deemed unsuitable/unsafe to drive the vehicle will be recovered for repairs immediately.
- The Company reserves the right to rent the motorhome described on the website, via phone or viewed in person, or any substitute similar/compatible motorhome subject to all of the terms and conditions of this agreement with early notice. The option of cancellation is also available.
- Included in the price of hire is full comprehensive insurance, covering the motorhome and its equipment only. Equipment excludes generators, child seats, bike rack and any other optional equipment.
- The insurance is only valid for the period of hire. The period of hire is from the collection date and time to the specified return date and time. Any late return or driving by non-named drivers would invalidate the insurance and constitute a traffic offence under the Road Traffic Act in which the driver may be liable to prosecution. The hirer and any driver will also be personally liable for any damage to the motorhome, any personal injuries, third party property damage, third party injuries and other related liabilities after the insurance expiry date and time.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to provide full information on any driving convictions or health restrictions. Please note there may be insurance surcharges dependant on any of the above being applicable. Please also note that the insurance policy will be invalidated if the hirer or any driver misrepresents or withholds driving conviction or health restriction information. Should an insurance policy become invalidated for any reason, Edinburgh Motorhomes (also referred to as “the Company” in this agreement) will hold the hirer responsible for all fines, losses, damages and other costs.
- An insurance security deposit of seven hundred and fifty pounds (£750) must be paid by the motorhome collection date. This deposit is held against any and all damage to the motorhome. Should there be more than one accident the hirer is liable for all costs over the £750 security deposit.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any and all of the Company’s uninsured losses, which may arise as a result of the hire. For example, kerbing, tyre damage etc due to careless driving.
- The insurance security deposit will be returned to the hirer within a week after the end of the hire period providing that hirer(s) return the motorhome under the following conditions:
- With all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received,
- Returned to the place and on the date and time specified, or sooner if demanded by The Company and
- Returned having used motorhome in a reasonable manner.
- Failure to comply may result in partial or full deposit being retained.
CHARGES WHICH MAY BE DEDUCTED FROM THE INSURANCE SECURITY DEPOSIT:
- Fridge/Freezer not clean – £40
- Cooker hob and grill not clean – £40
- Shower and toilet compartment not clean – £40
- Toilet cassette not cleaned and emptied – £75
- Smoking in the motorhome – £100
- Microwave damage – £75
- Punctured tyre – £30
- Damage of tyres – price of a new tyre, refit and any other associated costs
- Windscreen damage (caused by driver fault) – cost of replacement
- Returning the motorhome later than the specified time
- The motorhome must be returned with a full tank of fuel – charges apply otherwise at £2 per litre.
- The hirer is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from any accident. The maximum height and length of the motorhome is clearly stated.
- All incidents related to tyres including punctures are the hirer’s responsibility.
- Responsibility for luggage/personal items in the van while the van is out on hire lies with the hirer/driver.
- Personal possessions are not covered. The Company shall not be liable for loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by hirer or any other person in motorhome either before or after the return to Edinburgh Motorhomes. Hirer hereby agrees to hold The Company harmless from and indemnify Edinburgh Motorhomes against all claims based upon or arising out of such loss of damage. Hirers are strongly advised to take out holiday insurance.
- Must have held a full licence for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Must be between the ages of twenty five (25) and seventy five (75).
- All drivers must be present at time of collection and produce a photo driving licence. In the case of a UK paper licence, both the card and the counterpart paper licence must be produced and photographic identification in the form of a passport must be provided.
- Visitors from abroad must produce a valid unendorsed domestic driving licence or international driving licence as well as a passport.
- In addition to the driver’s licence requirements, one other form of identity, such as a utility bill or a bank building society statement dated within the last three months, is required.
- Licence offences must meet the driver eligibility requirements of the insurance company.
- Only named drivers that have met the insurance company eligibility requirements are permitted to drive the motorhome.
- The hirer/named driver shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred for speeding, parking fines, congestion charges. This includes any other offences committed against the Road Traffic Act or traffic regulations and indemnifies the Company from any liability.
FUEL, GAS AND DAILY MOTORHOME MAINTENANCE
- The motorhome will be provided with a full tank of fuel when it is collected. The motorhome must be returned with a full tank of fuel. If the motorhome is not returned with a full tank of fuel, a charge for the amount in pounds (£) required to bring the tank to full will be made to the hirer.
- A full gas cylinder will be supplied with the motorhome. If gas needs to be replenished during the hire period, the hirer is responsible for the cost of buying any further gas bottles.
- The responsibility of checking oil/water levels on a daily basis in the engine and other necessary motorhome components, such as checking tyre pressure, are the responsibility of the hirer while on hire.
- Failure to return the hire vehicle with a full tank of diesel will result in a £15.00 surcharge above the cost of refuelling.
BREAKDOWNS AND ACCIDENTS
- Seatbelts must be worn by all passengers. This is the hirer’s responsibility.
- The Company will not be responsible for any third party damages or claims in connection with or as a consequence to any accident.
- Should a breakdown or accident occur, The Company will not be held responsible for any hotel, replacement vehicle or consequential expenses connected to breakdowns or accidents caused by hirer. Should it be an issue with maintenance of the vehicle the company will take responsibility.
- Great effort is made to ensure the hire motorhome is in a roadworthy and safe condition before hire commencement.
BREAKDOWNS – Specifics
- 24hr breakdown coverage under the RAC is provided. The RAC phone number is located on the motorhome windscreen.
- The hirer may authorise repairs and replacements up to seventy five pounds (£75) and will be reimbursed on supply of a valid receipt.
- The hirer must obtain permission from The Company for repair and replacement costs above seventy five pounds (£75).
ACCIDENT – Specifics
In the event of an accident:
- Call the Police.
- Do NOT admit guilt/fault or liability.
- Fill out an Accident Report.
- Contact Malcolm on 07899 874 528
Should the motorhome be involved in an accident, however small, the full details must be filled out on an Accident Report form contained in the large cupboard of the motorhome adjacent to the heater.
A diagram should be drawn. There is space on the back of the Accident Report for a diagram to be drawn.
Hirer participates as an insured under a fully comprehensive motorhome insurance policy. Hirer agrees further to protect the interest of Edinburgh Motorhomes and the insurance company in the event of accident during the hire term by:
- Notifying the police immediately if there is property damage, if people are injured and in order to determine fault for insurance purposes.
- Not admitting guilt or liability.
- Obtain names and address of parties involved and witnesses.
- Not abandoning the motorhome at any time without adequate provisions for safely guarding and securing same.
- Contacting Malcolm on 07899 874 528 immediately in emergencies or during office hours if not, including holidays, of any loss or damage occurring to motorhome, and of any fault.
- Please indicate if the motorhome is not roadworthy or is liable to cause danger to any person or property.
- The motorhome should not be used until damage has been repaired, corrected and fault determined.
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the motorhome. Any infringement of this rule will incur a minimum charge of £100.
The Motorhome shall not be used:
- For the carriage of passengers for hires for reward.
- Knowingly for any unlawful purpose.
- To propel or tow any other motorhome or trailer.
- For racing, pace making, reliability trials, speed testing or driver tuition.
- To carry a greater number of passengers and/or more baggage than recommended by the motorhome manufacturer.
- By any person who has given a fictitious or false name.
- By any person other than the hirer who signed the rental agreement or who have been named as a driver and approved by Edinburgh Motorhomes.
- By any person who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- For travel to rock festivals or unauthorised sports events.
Motorhome Keys and Control
- The hirer is required to keep the motorhome under their control throughout the hire period.
- The motorhome must be locked at all times when unattended.
- The keys for the motorhome must be kept safe at all times.
- All costs to replace keys will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- Duplication of motorhome keys is expressly prohibited.
COLLECTION AND RETURN
- We offer a flexible pick up and drop off time to suit your needs between the hours of 9am to 7pm. Outwith these times a small premium charge of £25 is applicable.
- There is no refund for early return unless it is due to an issue with vehicle that is the responsibility of Edinburgh Motorhomes.
- The hirer acknowledges delivery of the motorhome and the contents free from any defect or damage and complete other than as specified by the Company.
- The hirer is advised to check the motorhome thoroughly before leaving the Company’s premises.
- Upon return the condition of the motorhome will be checked for damage, cleanliness, fuel levels, tyres, any hired options, conditions that affect the security insurance deposit and other general conditions.
- The motorhome must be returned with following items completed:
- Fuel tank on full
- Waste tanks emptied
All cancellations must be submitted in writing. It is strongly advised that hirers take out their own insurance against any unavoidable cancellation. The following fees apply in the event of cancellation prior to the hire date;
- More than six weeks before start of hire – loss of deposit
- Four – six weeks before start of hire – 20% of total hire charge
- Two – four weeks before start of hire – 50% of total hire charge
- Two weeks or less – 100% of total hire charge
If another booking can be secured for the cancelled period a refund may be given.
Edinburgh Motorhomes cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconvenience caused by inclement weather.
CUSTOMER VEHICLE(S) STORED AT OWN RISK
Outdoor parking is provided free to the hirer for the duration of the hire period at the vehicle owner’s risk. Any damages caused to parked vehicles caused by Edinburgh Motorhomes will be covered.
All effort is made to insure that the reserved motorhome, or a suitable replacement, is available. However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent The Company from honouring a reservation Edinburgh Motorhomes will in no way be held responsible and all payments which have been made to The Company will be refunded. An alternative hire period may be offered at a discounted rate as a gesture of good will.
CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Edinburgh Motorhomes reserves the right to vary the rates and conditions at any time prior to any agreed rental contract. The Company also reserves the right to cancel or refuse hire to any person with reasonable notice should anything come to our attention that deems the hirer to be a risk. Additions to or alterations of the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by all concerned parties.